5 essential Facts about Data Scientist Job Role
Data Scientist has been named the best job in America for the third year in a row by Glassdoor. This has been one of the major highlights that are currently trending in the software industry. With median salaries of $110,000 and an additional 4,524 job still open to be filled, Data Science seems to be one of the future key holders in the IT and Software industry. “Not falling behind is India, with the fourth-largest Data Scientist base ready to deploy its professionals in this “hot job market”, quoted by Economic Times.
Here are 5 reasons why Data Science is the next big thing.
- With projected 700,000 openings by 2020, the future scope looks bright: Data Scientists are considered foreseers of the future. Their need and necessity are growing to grow progressively as the market expands. Annual demand for the fast-growing new roles of data scientist, data developers, and data engineers will reach nearly 700,000 openings by 2020, projected by IBM.
This job role requires extensive skills, do you think you have them? You can learning them right here, starting today!
2. Data Science is not restricted to the IT and Software Industry:
59% of all Data Science and Analytics (DSA) jobs demand is in Finance and Insurance, Professional Services, and IT. Data science helps corporations in BFSI (banking, financial services, and insurance), e-commerce, telecom, transportation, and many such industries process a massive amount of data to leverage their true business decision-making potential.
3. Salary demands for a Data Scientist
With a median salary close to $110,00 in the States, and with companies looking to outsource or rather have establishments in India, professionals stand a good chance to grab this opportunity. Salaries offered in India to Data Scientists are lucrative too. With starting packages ranging from 5 to 8 LPA for freshers and stretching to double figures for experienced professionals, the demand continues to grow for competent Data Scientists.
Do you think you’re ready to take responsibility of such a lucrative role? Learn the right skills and become a Data Scientist today!
4. You’re working with the latest technologies:
Python and R were voted the most popular technologies used by Data Scientists as surveyed by Stack Overflow, along with MongoDB stated as the most popular database.
- All these technologies are a result of the constant evolution of technologies and continue to grow. R and Python have been extensively used in various fields and with critical proficiency in statistics and analytical reasoning, Data Scientists are considered the hottest engineers in the current market.
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence are some fields are have shown progressive future prospects and Data Scientists are heavily deployed in that.
5. Learning has Become Easy and Accessible:
Online portals have made it easy to become data scientists today. Certain technologies are still not included in the academic institutions, earlier it was hard to acquire these skills. As the state of the academic institutions remains same, online portals have come up to mitigate this gap in skills With online portals, acquiring the relevant skills has become easy for people who are willing to learn.
Learn the relevant skills and become the professional that is highly demanded in the present industry. Start your journey towards becoming a Data Scientist today!
Our aim to fill this gap through re-skilling individuals in India. As an online skilling platform, edWisor is easily accessible and being a self-paced platform is an easy fit for students, graduates and working professionals alike. With the trending technologies included in our module along with projects and live sessions, we believe the candidate trained in the right way can become an asset and a possible future key holder.
There are more than 200+ hiring partners who hire edWisor skilled candidates as Data Scientist.